CASA does not endorse human factors training courses. They approve an operator, via a signed off manual or instrument. In this document the operator explains how they are going to provide human factors training to their staff. All of our current clients have CASA approval to use HFTS training programs to meet this requirement.
The HFTS Human Factors programs meet acceptable means of compliance for CAO 84.3/5, CASR Part 145 and CASR Part 119 human factors.
- $250 + GST per user for 1 – 10 trainees
- Cost reduces as number of users increases. For an immediate quote for a company, click here.
- If an employee leaves a new person can take their place at no extra cost
- Operators may choose to pay up front or spread the payments over 12 monthly Instalments.
- Monthly subscription preferred payment method, for example 10 users would be $208.00 +GST per month
- This price includes a customised module for each operator based on their recent accident and incidents reports
Access is available anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Participants can log in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Yes! All operators are eligible to receive a customised module every year, containing HF analysis of their incidents and accidents. Operators may opt for a de-identified modules containing analysis of incidents and accidents from around Australia.
The modules are developed on Articulate 360 and delivered through the Talent Learning Management System. These work on virtually all computers and most mobile phones.
Each module takes around half an hour. The more complete answer is that practicing the strategies in the modules takes a lifetime.
For an individual – a matter of minutes. For a company – as soon as an agreement can be signed and a list of users provided.
Yes. When a program is successfully completed, a certificate with your name, the subjects passed, and the date is automatically generated. You can download and / or print it. Your training department will also be advised that you have passed.
If both your former and current employer use HFTS training programs, you will be given credit for all courses already completed. If your new employer does not use HFTS, it will be up to them to accept your qualifications.
Yes. Staff at HFTS will promptly attend to any requests by phone or email.
Each course has a short quiz. You are required to achieve 70% to pass. You are allowed multiple attempts and there is no time limit.
Yes. You can stop anywhere in any module and return to that place at a later time.
- Each newsletter has a theme. We try to include stories, incidents, research results and topical information from a wide variety of sources.
- Click here to view the latest copy.
All refresher modules are developed and delivered annually.
- March – Ground modules
- May – Fixed wing flight modules
- July – Maintenance engineering modules
- August – Rotary wing modules
- September – Flying Instructor modules
- October – Cabin crew modules
All participants complete a compulsory survey at the end of each course. Click here to view the latest results.
The most unique aspect of HFTS training courses is they provide a myriad of strategies that are designed to help you improve your cognitive performance. It is not just about learning information and building knowledge, it is about increasing your skills.